Saturday 12 May 2012

May11th What a fabulous day. -  my 4 amazing little chaps were put together as a team and driven straight out of the yard to a reception at Mole Valley Farmers in South Molton without a problem. Really looked as though they have done it for ever. But when you consider one is a 5 year old, 2 x 6 year olds  and a 7 year old who has only been driving for 3 months, what these little guys have achieved is quite astounding. As far as I am concerned, these ponies never cease to amaze me and I consider myself the luckiest person in the universe to own them .  Whilst I am giving out praise, mention must be made to Karl at home (most of the time) and Jonathan Waterer ( who broke all 4 to harness for me ) who have mentored me through this, especially the early part! Without their unstinting support it might be a different tale.  At Mole Valley Farmers today there were several tears in eyes, and I am not ashamed to say I was one of them. Jonathan drove them to South Molton, and I want everyone to recognise, he  never doubted  their reactions to something new. Jonathan is an exceptional horseman. Whilst still in Mole Valley Philip Carr and Ryan            put the necessary shoes on the boys free of charge to send us on  our way. Thank you ! We had loads of lovely comments - raised quite a bit of money - came back and met our MP Neil Parrish in Oakford, who gave us money and said he would try and get more TV and radio coverage for us. Lovely man who was genuinely interested in our venture.  Last but not least Andy and Sue from the village arrived with more Chocolate brownies  for the onward journey  to Cornwall and the promise they are going to be at Lands End. The support we have received from our village folk has been heartwarming.